Hand pump that can produce 800 mBar underpressure in order to elevate tethered acne scars (the rolling type of acne scars) and depressed, tethered scars. Comes with three different size suction cups:
- round, diameter 12 mm
- round, diameter 20 mm
- oval, 12 x 15 mm
HOW TO USE THE PUMP
1) Pull out the pump body and twist it into the "locked" position.
2) Insert the suction cup into the pump. Each suction cup has its own valve and needs to be inserted with medium force. Not too loose.
3) Place the suction cup flatly against the skin. Using infadolan or some saliva just before suctioning ensures that even the most wrinkly or hairy skin can be suctioned easily.
4) Pump several times to create sufficient suction, while keeping the cup against the skin. Pumping is done by pulling the lever backwards about half way, not too far.
5) The cup will stick to the skin by itself until you pull it off.
Should be used after dermastamping or single-needling.
Suctioning skin excessively long can cause temporary hematomas and blisters - so do a test patch first and gradually increase suction time and pressure to see how the skin will react. The study mentioned 12 suctionings of 4 seconds each per treatment - this should not cause any kind of (severe) bruising or blisters. However, the best results are associated with some bruising, as can be seen here: bruising during dermastamping + suction treatment and the great results after 6 months.
This forum posting explains the suction method.
Spectacular improvement can be achieved, as seen in this forum thread on how to greatly improve acne scars with dermastamping and the suction method. The reason this works so well is due to the greatly increased blood serum perfusion into the needled scars.
In case of loss of suction:
The pump's plunger is easily removed by sticking a small screwdriver into one of the prongs and pulling it out.
Smear some Vaseline or Infadolan onto the seal and put the parts back together in the reverse order.
Also make sure that the valve on the suction cup isn't malfunctioning by replacing it with another one.